TVV Capital is seeking candidates for an Analyst position. The Analyst role is designed as a two-year pre-MBA program. In addition to developing investment judgement and gaining experience working with portfolio companies, the selected candidate will be well-positioned to exit the firm to top business schools across the country.
The Analyst is a member of the Private Equity team with responsibilities relating to deal attribution, administration of investment opportunities through the investment process, and working with senior management on a wide variety of organizational initiatives.
The Analyst works on deal teams with other investment professionals, handling detailed evaluation of investment opportunities and supporting senior team members on due diligence. In addition, the Analyst will be responsible for preparing documentation and performing analysis to aid the investment team.
The Analyst is expected to think critically about the investment thesis, work comfortably with senior-level executives on special projects, and work with limited guidance and oversight. In turn, the Analyst role provides a unique opportunity to gain broad exposure to private equity and allows an individual to enhance his or her skills as an investor while developing a foundation of experiences.
The Ideal Applicant
- Is highly data-driven and analytical
- Is independent, intellectually curious, a self-starter, energetic, emotionally intelligent and detail oriented
- Is an Excel guru, comfortable using/building/modifying models to evaluate investment opportunities (LBO, DCF, etc.)
- Is comfortable communicating directly and independently with business owners, other private equity firms, agents, investment bankers, consultants, and portfolio company leaders
- Loves researching and analyzing economic trends and leading/lagging indicators of success
- Possesses sound judgment: Makes decisions and recommendations that weigh costs, risks, and impacts to achieve the optimal outcome. Takes strategic and appropriate risks. Not afraid to ask questions.
Job Duties Will Include
- Assisting with the administration and optimization of the firm’s deal sourcing program
- Assisting with the deal screening and due diligence processes, including documentation.
- Providing detailed review and extensive analysis on potential investments, including track records, markets, financials, and business plans.
- Working with senior management team members on special projects relating to optimizing firm resources and increasing the value of portfolio companies.
- Bachelor’s degree with superior academic performance (finance or quantitative discipline)
- Qualified applicants should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org